(Rev. 1.0. Last Updated: May 20, 2012)
1. Note About the Privacy of Children Under 13
Membership in the Community is restricted to those over the age of thirteen (13). 21CT does not permit children under thirteen (13) to register as members or to provide personal identifying information to 21CT. The 21CT website does not knowingly solicit, collect, use or disclose any personal information of anyone under the age of thirteen (13).
2. Parental Control Provisions
Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. § 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at Get Net Wise (www.getnetwise.org), Safety.com (www.safety.com) or by using Google or other search engine to find Websites with the search phrase “parental control.”
3. What Personal Information We Collect
You may be asked to provide information that can be used to identify you (your "Personal Information") when you respond to certain inquiries or choose to use certain sections of our website. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and, where appropriate, credit card number. Also, when you visit our website, we or third-parties acting on our behalf may place a "cookie" - a text file containing a randomly assigned number on your computer - so that we have the ability to customize the look and feel of our website for you. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may impede your use of certain of our website's features. Using embedded tracking technology, we or third-parties acting on our behalf may also collect a variety of other information regarding your usage of our website, including your IP address, your username, your session ID, the name of the browser you are using, information regarding web pages you view, referring web pages and when you access our website.
4. How We Use Your Personal Information
We or third-parties acting on our behalf use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to identify Community members and users and content providers of the software, analytics, and other content posted on the 21CT Website, to the extent the user name contains Personal Information;
- to customize the look and feel of our website for you;
- to internally monitor usage of the website by you and others in order to enhance the products and services that we currently or will offer in the future;
- to send you material about topics on which you have requested more information; and
- to provide you with technical and other support.
While we or third-parties acting on our behalf use information about our users on an aggregated basis and will often share such data with unaffiliated third parties, this information, by its aggregate nature, contains none of your Personal Information. When we refer to an "unaffiliated" third party, we mean one that (i) is not controlled by us, (ii) does not control us, and (iii) is not controlled by the same party controlling us.
5. When We Disclose Your Personal Information
- if required by law, regulatory or court order, subpoena or other legal process;
- if we determine that doing so would be in the public interest (for example, if we were to suspect that you were using our website in connection with the commission of a crime);
- in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation of our company;
- if you provide such information to us in connection with a promotion of a good or service offered by a third party, for purposes of such promotion, including, without limitation, sharing such information with that third party;
- to provide you with certain services on our website that are provided by such parties, as reasonably required to provide such services; and
- in the context of working with third-party contractors engaged by us in the provision of our website or related matters.
After we or third-parties acting on our behalf disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties in such instances, we can no longer control the use or further disclosure of your Personal Information. Consequently, we or third-parties acting on our behalf will not be responsible to you for such use or further disclosure.
6. Correcting Your Information
You can ensure that your account information is correct and current by reviewing and updating it at any time. You may do so as often as necessary by sending us an e-mail, and we will assist you in updating your information.
We and third-parties acting on our behalf take precautions involving physical, electronic, and managerial controls to protect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, and alteration any of your Personal Information in our possession. We or third-parties acting on our behalf may employ industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer encryption and/or other encryption or security measures when requesting certain financial Person Information from you. We or third-parties acting on our behalf do not, however, use such encryption during your day-to-day use of our website. You should note that the confidentiality of any information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed.
8. Links to Other Sites
9. Changes to this Policy